Membership of the Authority
The Authority is governed by its members under the chairmanship of the Chief Minister of Sabah, as outlined in section 8 of the Sabah Economic Development and Investment Authority 2009
Members of the Authority
The Authority may, from time to time, establish such committees on such terms as it considers necessary or expedient to assist the Authority in the performance of its functions and duties under this Enactment.
Membership of a committee established under subsection (1) may include one or more individuals from private sector.
The Authority may, from time to time, by order published in the Gazette, amend the Second Schedule relating to a committee
The Chief Executive
The Chief Executive is appointed by the Authority, and has been entrusted with the following responsibilities:
- The general conduct, administration and management of the functions, activities and day-to-day affairs of the Authority;
- The performance of such functions and exercise of such duties as delegated by the Authority; and
- The carrying out of the decisions of the Authority.
The Chief Executive shall also perform such other duties as the Authority may, from time to time, direct and shall act under the general authority and direction of the Authority in discharging his duties. The Chief Executive shall have general control of the officers and staff of the Authority.
Sabah Economic Development and Investment Authority Fund
The authority to commit any financial obligation or otherwise, solely, partially or directly on the account of the Authority lies wholly with the Authority subject to policies, procedures and guidelines approved by the Authority, the Government and the Federal Government.
Section 14 (1) of the Enactment provides for the establishment of a fund to be known as the “Sabah Economic Development and Investment Authority Fund” to be administered and controlled by the Authority.
Section 15 of the Enactment specifies that the Fund shall be expended for the following purposes:
- Disbursing funds received from the Government or the Federal Government to the relevant implementing Government Entities for the Sabah Development Corridor;
- Performing or discharging the functions and duties of the Authority;
- Paying for the remuneration, allowances or other expenses of members, the Chief Executive, officers and servants of the Authority;
- Undertaking approved and lawful investments, and acquisition of shares or interests in companies or property movable or immovable for the purposes of the Enactment; and
- Paying any other expenses lawfully incurred in the discharged or performances of its functions and duties under this Enactment.